The Ten Commandments (Principles) of GMP
GMP is basically a Quality Control System used in the Food and Beverage as well as Pharma industries to ensure the quality of the product.
1. Write Standard Operating Procedures for processes and Design Specifications for equipment and premises.
2. Follow the SOP's and Specs.
3. Prove/Validate the SOP's and specs make sure they work
4. Integrate Quality in the design phase
5. Maintain everything
6. Use only competent, qualified and trained personnel
7. Cleanliness should become part of the MO to eliminate risk of pollution of the product.
8. Inegrate Quality in operations, manufactoring, logistics and distribution.
9. Document everything for traceability.
10. Perform Planned Audits by Certified Auditors
Brought to you by Rami E. Kremesti M.Sc., CWEM, CEnv, CSci