|Different Types of Metal Corrosion
1. Electrochemical induced by Chlorides, Oxygen and powered by the electrochemical cell
2. Induced by Low pH: H+ ions attack the metal and liberate Hygrogen
3. Microbial Induced Corrosion: SRB´s and IRB´s
4. Bimetallic Galvanic Corrosion
5. Chelant induced corrosion
6. Ammonia-accelerated corrosion in Copper systems
7. CO2 attack in condensate systems
8. Caustic corrosion of ferrous systems at High pH
9. Erosion corrosion
10. Dezincification: selective corrosion of Zinc in alloys
11. Graphitic Corrosion: Cast iron losing iron in salt water or acids.
12. Pitting Corrosion
Rami E. Kremesti M.Sc.